Taking Control of your Camera
This Saham Studio training session is designed to help you learn all about your digital camera and in doing so take your photography to another level.
The first and most important element in taking good photographs is to have a sound understanding of your camera and being comfortable with your photographic equipment.
Modern cameras, whether they are digital single lens reflex, mirrorless or “point and shoot” cameras, all have different buttons, dials, as well as an array of menu choices. Without a good understanding of these settings they usually force camera owners into simply putting the camera into automatic mode thinking that they’ll figure it out later – the problem is they never do!
“Taking Control of your Digital Camera” is designed to help teach new owners of a digital camera as well as those who really want to get to know their camera better. It doesn’t matter whether you are completely new to photography or an amateur who wants to learn more, this session will take you step by step through everything you need to know about your camera.
The points covered include:
- Understanding how your camera works, and how to control your camera
- The relationship between 3 (and most important) key factors – ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture – and the effect they have on the picture you take.
- How the camera behaves in its various modes.
- Focussing and metering
- Depth of Field
- White balance – choosing the right one for your scene
- Exposure and exposure control – understanding histograms
- Assessing a scene, seeing the light, identifying what you want and how the camera will cope
- The more detailed camera settings and controls
- Lenses and the right lens for the job
- File types and memory cards. JPEG verses RAW
This is a 3 hour session
Group Rate (2 people with the same camera) £45 per person
Individual Tuition Rate – £75
Saham Studio caters for all…call us today to find out more and to book your session!